Instagram is a free social networking service built around sharing photos and videos. It launched in October 2010 on iOS first and became available on Android in April 2012. Facebook purchased the service in April 2012 and has owned it since.
You probably won’t make a lot of money with 1,000 followers, but it’s still possible. Brands typically pay anywhere from $10 per 1,000 followers to $500 for every 1,000 followers depending on your niche and engagement.
How to make money on Instagram
There are 7 ways to make money on Instagram:
1. Become an influencer
2. Become a brand ambassador
3. Capture your portfolio
4. Sell your social media expertise
5. Run contests and giveaways
6. Teach others about Instagram marketing
- Become an Influencer
Social media influencers are people who recommend products or services on their personal profiles in exchange for compensation. any product that makes for a good image will do well on Instagram. When it comes to how to make money on Instagram, biggest categories tend to be:
2. Become a Brand Ambassador
If you find success as an influencer, you might have a chance to become a brand ambassador. This happens when a company wants to have an ongoing partnership with you and to create a certain number of posts over a period of time and maybe even indefinitely. The reality is that you probably need a large following to become a brand ambassador. After all companies want a lot of eyeballs on their products and they won’t get that if they partner with someone who has a couple hundred followers. Whether you’re cooking food, traveling the world, or assembling trendy outfits, you can take beautiful photos of the finished product.
3.capture Your Portfolio: Instagram is practically made for crafters, designers, and people who make visual art. If you sell drawings, paintings, jewelry, or just about anything visual, you can transform your profile into a portfolio that captures sales. It also helps to create a unique brand for your work. You can also think of this as a theme. Your personal theme can revolve around just about anything, but it should be consistent throughout all your posts. For example, choose a color or season.
4. Sell Your Social Media Expertise:
? It’s estimated that 75% of businesses will use Instagram in 2020. If you’re a pro at the gram you can tap into this growing market.
- Upwork:- This is a freelance job site that lets social media experts connect with individuals, businesses, and brands.
- Fiverr:- Like other job platforms, you can create a profile, set your own prices, and let business owners find you.
- People Per Hour: A freelance site with nearly 1 million business users. As with similar sites, you can set your own prices. You might need to start small if you’re just starting out. As you gain more experience and get reviews, you can raise your prices.
5. Run Contests and Giveaways
People love a deal and they flock to Instagram accounts that offer discounts. You can create posts that include special offers and valuable discounts. If you decide to start running campaigns like this, you see more engagement if you make the event last for a limited time. By creating a sense of urgency you can make your contest or giveaway seem more exclusive Setting a time limit or number of entries also helps you more easily manage the campaign.
6. Teach Others About Instagram Marketing:
Many successful influencers have launched side businesses that offer webinars and tutorials to people who want to grow their Instagram following or transform their profile into a business. To make this work you obviously need to have a well established Instagram profile with a sizable following. In this way your Instagram acts as a portfolio and a sales pitch.